Halaman

Friday, December 27, 2019

Schwa Sound [ə]

Another difficulty that I got when I practiced Elsa Speak in my smartphone was pronouncing schwa sound or [ə]. I had difficulty pronouncing that sound because it was hard to distinguish the sound [e], [u] and [ə] if those sound applied in some words. In Elsa Speak, I had to pronounce several words that are "introduce", "introduction and "to" correctly where in those words the letter "o" pronounced with [ə]. In the first trial, I was difficult to pronounce the sound [ə] in those words properly. My score in the first trial was 320.


I was not satisfied with my low score, so I was looking for ways to pronounce [ə] correctly on YouTube. This is the video that I watched:


Besides I watched tutorial video about how to pronounce schwa sound on YouTube, I also practiced every day. After I thought that my pronunciation in schwa sound better, then I tried again to practice in Elsa Speak. Finally, almost all words that I pronounced were correct and perfect. I got a score of 500 from 320. I'm so happy. From Elsa Speak I learn that learning a language is about practice because practice makes perfect. Thank you Elsa Speak.

Here are the screenshot of my last progress in pronouncing the schwa sound:





No comments:

Post a Comment